Friday, May 29, 2009

The Presentation Tips

When I was blog hopped last few weeks, I've found out this interesting blog. He's a lecturer at KLMU (if I'm not mistaken). There's one article that caught my eyes and I asked the permission from him to put it on my blog.

So here it is, the presentation tips from Mr.Sunny. (I copy paste directly from his blog. For the full story, do click here.

1.Reading

Never , never but never read off your slide. I can read better and faster than you. This is not a public reading session. You are there to present and explain.

2. Face your audience

You are communicating with your audience, NOT the screen, therefore FACE your audience. Maintain eye contacts.

3. Voice.

When you face the screen, your voice will not be clear. Maintain a reasonable voulme so that the audience can listen comfortably without having to strain their ears. Vary your voice tone so that you would not sound monotonous.

Your voice should also show enthusiasm and it must be lively.

4.Slides

Select your information wisely. You DO NOT have to show your whole report . Pick and select the information wisely. Do not spend half your presentation time on your introduction. What is most important would be your Findings. Present and highlight the main interesting points.

Keepyour slides to MAIN POINTS only ! DO NOT make your slides so wordy. Just read the points, face the audience and do your explaination and/or elaboration confidently.

Use colours --but wisely. Too much of something will have an adverse effect .

5. Conclusion and recommendation

These two can be combined if you plan your facts.

6. BE PREPARED

Last but not least, PLAN YOUR PRESENTATION. This mornining I could even see one of the students still preparing his slides while the presentation was going on. Needless to say , he scored the lowest. This would solve all your readings , blabberings, stammerings, mutterings and most of all IT WOULD KEEP MY TEMPER AT BAY !

Thanks to Mr.Sunny for the tips. I hope it will give benefit for my readers out there! :pandacloud_26::pandacloud_26::pandacloud_26:

No comments: